There are many ethical and legal challenges posed by
making decisions with and about children and young people in
relation to their mental health care within CAMHS (Child and
Adolescent Mental Health Services). This module will
concentrate on issues such as:
- to whom a duty of care is owed
- how we can balance children and young
people’s rights and their parents’ rights.
decision-making, consent and
capacity will then consider:
- whose consent we should seek
- what we should do when decision-makers
- how we can assess capacity to consent
- what laws we should act within when assessing
and treating children and young people.
Download take-home notes to